Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm not alone in here








I'm not any good at this stuff but the X has got me interested in blogs so here we go. Oh! yeah, no grammar lessons please!

After being married a long time my wife had enough of my shit and told me she wanted a divorce. Now being all knowing, I knew that was coming so the jaw didn't drop but I did find that my tear ducts were not jammed up. I asked her if this was going to make her happy and she replied, “I'm not sure but I can NOT go on like this.” Because I'm a dumb ass I had no clue to what "like this" was all about so I just let it go. I'll get back to that part later.

Well we got divorced but stayed together or should I say lived in the same house. This went on for about a month before she went to visit a friend for the weekend. This put me alone in the house with nothing to do but have a couple of beers and check out the football games on TV. As I sat flicking back and forth from game to game the "like this" popped into my head. Now being me I just let it go or ADD'ed away from it but it came back. I got up grabbed another beer and walked out by the pool looked up at the stars and yelled, “WHAT THE FUCK.!?!” Quickly looking to see if anyone was around. Just then and for the first time in 56 years I started to look inside me to find some answers. It was unchartered territory to say the least. I found one or two other people in there. We got to know one another and then they both beat the living shit out of me, both figured me to be one of the biggest dicks to ever walk the face of the earth. The issue of my wonderful way of dismissing things I didn’t want to deal with and trying to move on. I thought,”Oh damn! I think I'm on to something here ” As the other two guys in my head just went “DUH.

Not wanting to go into all the mistakes I've made or the wrongs I have done her I'll just tell what happened next.

After staying up all night thinking of what I needed to do to keep her in my life I cleaned the house and waited for her to come home so we could talk. When she got home I asked her if we could talk after she unpacked. Thinking I was going to tell her I wanted her to leave she told me that we should talk before she unpacked. No need to do double work. I told her about my weekend with my two head buddies and all we thought about and in her words "ya could have knocked me over with a feather" and Oh yes, her jaw did drop!

There is no end result, let’s just say it’s a work in progress. We are now living together, as she puts it in sin! :) Seeing, dating, doing other people but always coming home to each other. Life is great. She is great. I'm still an ass but working on it.

Too bad I didn't find those two guys 10 or so years ago.

9 comments:

Mortuis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mortuis said...

A wise man once said, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step", and modern psychological wisdom says that the first step to solving a problem is to realize that a problem exists. Congratulations on coming to that realization, and taking that first step.

nitebyrd said...

Good for you. Too bad it took so damn long! ;-)

Dazzed and Confused said...

magnus - Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to me.

by the way nice to meet you :)

Nitebyrd - I too am sorry it took so long. The only way I can think of it is, if I woke up any sooner all parties involved wouldn’t have taken their new life paths and things wouldn’t be as GREAT as they are now. The best is yet to come.

Fire Byrd said...

That sounds a very positive move for both of you.
it's all too easy nowadays to walk away instead ot trying to work it through. Hope it works out
pxx

Dazzed and Confused said...

pixie - I know it will work out.
Thanks for the comment it means a lot when people yyou don't know care. Thanks again.

Joanna Cake said...

More men should listen to the little voices inside their heads whilst women should ignore their own and maybe then there would be less divorces. Nice post. Hope it all works out for you both.

Dazzed and Confused said...

having my cake - I totally agree. I think most men are to into their macho thing so they hear but don’t listen. I know that was the case with me.

Utter Basketcase said...

OH YAY!!!!!!!! You're spankin brand new like meeee :-) *GiGGLeS*

Its so good to be able to have a buddy whos blog I can read from the start! :-D

Can't wait fo the next chapter! :-) xx